Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Beginnings

I love February! Everything here turns green, green, green. Not that pukie gray-green you get in Southern California, but the real spring green like Kentucky hills.

Okay, so I've been dealing with the real estate nightmare for 3 years and finally feel that a corner has turned. I am hopeful for what lies ahead on the horizon as I close one chapter and begin to explore the next.

Transitioning to Designing is taking a bit longer to really get off the ground than I thought. Although, I finished the preliminary tax info and I actually grossed more from the design and teaching work than from my regular job, so maybe I'm closer than I think to making the final jump.

To be honest, I was disappointed when Rodeo Girl didn't move forward, but Babushka is in the mix and I am hopeful that it will run. I really thought that one was a winner. I have come to the conclusion that I need to stop, take a breath and not try quite so hard - rather just put my perceived needs at bay and play a little; let the designs evolve, percolate a bit.

4 day weekend coming up...I'm going to play!

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to be able to order your yardage! Be sure to let me know when I can. I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger